Today we’ll go over the five most important things to check off your newly engaged/pre-wedding checklist.
1) Celebrate: Congratulations! This is the biggest decision of your life and you should be beyond excited to start sharing the rest of your life with the most special person in your life. Remember throughout all the wedding planning to enjoy each other and remember what really matters: each other!
2) Venue: As soon as you’re done swooning over the ring and announcing your new engagement to your families, it’s time to book your venue. This is always the #1 priority after getting engaged because venues (especially luxury and popular ones) book up QUICK. Make sure you know your date!
3) Makeup/Hair: Makeup artists and hair stylists book 1-2 years in advance. This means people already booked hair and makeup services for their wedding in 2017 in 2016 or2015. So once you’ve found the artists your heart desires, make a trial with them ASAP. They also typically have more availability for trials in their slowest season, which is Winter.
4) Dress: Designers, stylists, and tailors are busy bees! If you’re looking for a certain designer dress, especially custom, it’s time to start the hunt for the dress of your dreams.
5) Save the Dates: You don’t want to send out “Save the Dates” too soon that people forget, but you also don’t want to send them out too late. By doing this, you risk your loved ones not being able to make it to your wedding. Make sure to send out your Save The Dates about a year prior to your wedding so they get the heads up before anything else can book up that time for them.
Congratulations once again and happy wedding planning!