Last year, we discussed Valentine’s Day Makeup Trends. This year, I thought it would be fun to talk about Valentine’s Day date ideas! Sure, I’m a makeup artist – but who says this is completely unrelated? I’ll sometimes get ladies dolled up before their annual Valentine’s Day date night!
Image Credit: Keeley Abigail Photography
- Escape Room: I recently did one of these with my fiancé and it was SO fun. Although it’s a bit tougher with just the two of you, it helps you realize how you two work together while sharing some laughs along the way. The time flies by! My only suggestion is to not select the most difficult room, as you will need more than two people to complete it.
- Axe Throwing: I still have yet to try this, but it looks like a lot of fun! It’s pretty simple: you take axes and throw them towards a target, almost like archery. My first experience with archery was last month in Mexico on vacation, which was super fun and different. I figure this can be the same kind of experience! Plus it doesn’t hurt to take that aggression out on the ax instead of your significant other. 😉
- Ice Skating: A classic! It’s definitely cold enough here in CT to enjoy this winter activity. I’ve ice skated in arenas, at casinos, and under the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center. It’s all pretty much the same – so find the place closest to you, rent some skates, and bundle up!
- Photoshoot: Have you guys ever had a couple photoshoot, just because?! I did this early on in the relationship with my fiancé and we had a BLAST. There was no pressure, it wasn’t an engagement shoot, it was just the two of us posing for some cute pictures while laughing our butts off. Seriously, do it sometime! You might be surprised how much fun it can be and how it can bond the two of you.
- Chocolate Factory Tour/Tasting: Yet another thing I have experienced before, this is actually really cool. We toured the facility where they create the chocolate and saw people working in real time, got to try tons of chocolate, and even made our very own chocolate bar to take home. It was a lot of fun, delicious, and more unique than your standard box of chocolates!
Happy Valentine’s Day, love birds!