Want your lash lift and tint to last as long as possible? Let’s talk about the do’s and don’ts of lash upkeep at home!
- Never do you own lash lift and tint at home. Not only is it quite difficult, it’s very dangerous to your delicate eye area. The last thing you want is the solution in your eye!
- Within the first 24 hours, make sure to avoid the following: steam (including stovetop cooking), saunas, water (yes, that means no showering), oils, creams, shampoos, face washes, and makeup remover wipes and pads on the eyes. You also want to do your best trying to sleep on your back to avoid shape shifting. It’s best to baby your lashes the first day or two to ensure longer lasting results.
- Keep using your eyelash growth serums regularly, if you do already. My favorite is the GrandeLash MD Lash Enhancing Serum. If you’re running low, I always have a few on hand! Contact me for more information.
- Use the recommended mascara from your lash technician. I personally recommend the Elleevate Mascara by Elleebana since we use their brand of lash lift products. This mascara has keratin, arginine, and biotin in it, which are super nourishing for your delicate lashes after a chemical process like a lash lift and tint. It’s best to use daily to get the best results. I always have a few of these on hand as well, so contact me if you need one!
- Stay away from oil based makeup removers and cleansers. Using these will make your lifted lashes fall quickly, so it’s best to make sure your favorite makeup remover or cleanser says “oil-free” on it!
Do you want constantly curled and mascara coated looking lashes for 6-8 weeks with little maintenance? Schedule a lash lift and tint with us to experience more awake looking eyes and less getting ready steps in the morning!