Prom season is here! It’s time to talk about prom makeup must haves, how to accentuate your best features, and when to hire a pro!
Here are a few necessary steps to ensuring your prom makeup lasts despite all the dancing!
- Prime and/or Set: chances are you’ll be sweating while you’re dancing the night away. Make sure to make primer your first step or setting spray your last step to ensure your makeup doesn’t budge. Some people prefer to do both steps, but making sure you fit at least one into the routine will protect your makeup from sliding off!
- Foundation: this step is two fold. Firstly, use a foundation that’s photo-friendly and avoids ingredients like SPF to make sure you don’t have a ghostly photo bomb. Secondly, make sure to match your foundation accurately to your current skin tone and blend it down you neck. No one wants the mask look!
- Heavier Blush: you don’t want to look like you have insanely red cheeks like the effect of rouge back in the day, but you do want to go a little heavier on your blush to make sure it lasts all night and shows up well in pictures. Don’t worry, it’ll sink into your skin over time and look more natural!
- Fill in your Brows: chances are you’ve heard how brows frame the face. This means if you do an entire face of makeup sans brows, you can definitely feel as if something is missing. Make sure to fill in your brows with your product of choice – it can be powder, pencil, or pomade. Don’t feel the need to overfill, just define to complete the look.
- Line Your Lips: the color you choose for your lips is completely personal and up to you, but make sure to line your lips and fill them in with that liner, too. This will ensure your lip color lasts longer so you don’t have to be worrying about touch ups and can get back to the dance floor!
If you find yourself still struggling to achieve the perfect look, that’s what we’re here for! We would love to make your dream prom look a reality!