You’ve found your dream venue. The photographer is booked. The music is coming together for your DJ. You may even be putting the finishing touches on your centerpieces. Now it’s finally time for your bridal hair and makeup trials! But you’ve never done something like this before. How do you even know what to do before the trial, what to bring, or what kind of questions to ask? Fear not – we are here to help you prepare for a fun day of pampering and glamming!
Before The Trial
- Starting thinking about your dream wedding day look. There’s so many options out there for both hair and makeup – updo, flowy curls, smokey eyes, super natural, the list goes on. Nail down the type of look you generally gravitate towards
- Wash your hair the night before! It’s important you come to your trial with clean, dry hair so we can work with it the best.
- Clean your face – similar to hair, it’s important to come to your trial with a clean face ready for makeup application.
- Consider wearing a white top if you’re wearing white on your wedding day to better envision how everything will come together.
- Come prepared with any questions you may have related to your hair, makeup, and wedding day. Consider “Important Questions To Ask Your Bridal Beauty Team” as a good place to start.
During The Trial
- Show us inspiration pictures. Although these are not required, they can be helpful if you have difficulty explaining exactly what you want. It’s also helpful so we can have a conversation on what parts of the inspiration pictures are attainable and realistic, along with what is not. For example, an updo that looks amazing on the blonde with highlights will not look the same on virgin brunette hair.
- Be vocal – we are here to make your beauty dreams a reality. If there is something you don’t like when you look in the mirror or at pictures, tell us! We will not get offended and will be thankful you’re giving us an opportunity to fine tune everything.
- We will discuss your skincare routine as this is vitally important to how well your makeup will lay on your skin. Make sure to be honest, as we are not here to judge you. We will give tips on what products may work better for you to ensure your skin is the best it can be on the wedding day.
After The Trial
- Start your new skincare routine, if applicable. The sooner you start, the better. This will give your skin time to adjust and purge. Keep in mind you will need to try new products for a solid month to see if it works for you.
- Keep an eye on your email – we will be following up via email a couple days after the trial to make sure you still liked everything as you wore it throughout the day. If there is anything at all you want to change, please let us know so we can better assist you.
- Remember we are here for you – if you continue to think of questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Are you a CT couple looking for wedding hair and makeup services? We would love to chat!