For your wedding day, you need to make sure your makeup artist is not only using quality products and techniques, but also knows the most important features to accent to enhance your flawless, beautiful image.
Some brides choose to trust their makeup artist’s capabilities in choosing what looks best for them while others opt to bring in inspiration photos to achieve a similar look. Regardless, below are the top 5 things your makeup artist should be enhancing for your wedding day.
1. Glowing Face: I love a good eye look too, but ultimately your entire face is what everyone is going to looking at all night. This is why it’s super important to make your skin look like it has a glow from within without looking oily or dewy. This also goes hand-in-hand with making sure all imperfections are concealed and smoothed out.
2. Blush: Now that we have made sure your face is flawless, it’s time to add some blush. Without blush, your face will appear flat and pale so this is a super important step to ensure you’re looking radiant and healthy!
3. Brows: Eyebrows frame the face so it’s no surprise we want to make sure they’re filled in properly. Eyebrows can be a tricky subject because typically people know how they like their brows while at the same time the makeup artist knows what will photograph well and which type of brow looks best with your face shape. This is where it’s ideal to marry the two opinions to create your ideal brow.
4. Lashes: Imagine there was a world with no eyeshadows or eyeliners. If you had to do just one thing to accentuate your eyes, what would it be? Big lashes! It’s personal preference whether you like false eyelashes (individual or strip) or lots of mascara, but either way it’s super important to make those lashes POP! (Don’t worry, I won’t give you scary spider lashes!)
5. Lips: Making sure your lips are supple and healthy looking and feeling is a must! After all, you’re going to be exchanging your first kiss as newlyweds, aren’t you? I recommend checking out EMERGE Cosmetics to find your new favorite lippie! Whether you’re the bold lip type of person or subtle and pretty, your makeup artist will make sure to find the ideal lip shade and comfort level for you.
Have fun on your journey to looking absolutely stunning on your wedding day!
Are you a CT couple looking for wedding hair and makeup services? We would love to chat!