You’re already gorgeous from the inside out, darling! But when it comes to your wedding day, I’m sure you’ll be wanting to look top notch! Here are 10 beauty tips for every bride to be.
1. Relax: Although this idea may sound a little general and naive, trying your best to relax leading up to the wedding day will do wonders for you. You’ll sleep better, prevent binge eating, see clearer skin, and have more focus on what truly needs to get done in a timely manner. So break out that book you’ve been wanting to read, give yourself an at-home facial, or meditate! Do whatever makes you feel the most zen.
2. Hydrate: Another obvious tip, but drinking water provides a lot of similar benefits that relaxation does. Your complexion will be clearer, bloating will decrease, and you’ll have more energy. Everyone knows water does a body good – so use it to your advantage!
3. Exfoliate: In the weeks leading up to your wedding, you’ll want to start exfoliating regularly at home. I recommend 1-2 times per week. This will eliminate the dead skin cells that build up on your face, making your skin more clear and radiant. It also makes the makeup artist’s job easier to apply your makeup on a super smooth canvas.
4. Condition Your Hair: Just like you want to exfoliate, you’ll want to do an at-home hair mask treatment. There are lots of formulas out there, so you’ll have to find the one that best suits your hair’s needs. This could be combatting frizz or dryness, or simply adding more shine. I recommend using this 1-2 times per week leading up to your wedding.
5. Avoid Excessive Alcohol & Salt: Especially in the week leading up to the wedding, you’ll want to avoid these two things because they can lead to bloating. Refined sugars and caffeine can also lead to puffiness, so proceed with caution.
6. Eyebrow Waxing: If you’re going to get your eyebrows waxed, it’s important to do so about 3-4 days before the wedding. This ensures redness and puffiness will not be present on the wedding day while your eyebrows still looks freshly done.
7. Manicure/Pedicure: You should make sure your nails are freshly done the day before the wedding. This allows for adequate drying time while also ensuring your nails don’t chip.
8. Keep Oil Blotting Sheets Handy: On the day of your wedding, it’s a good idea to have a few oil blotting sheets in your emergency kit. I recommend the kind without extra powder on them, so it soaks up the oil without making your makeup look cakey.
9. Don’t Forget Hands & Feet: Remember how we talked about exfoliation? It’s equally important on your hands and feet – especially since these areas will be showing. For your hands, moisturize when you go to bed every night. For your feet, use a pumice stone in the shower to get all the rough patches of dead skin cells off.
10. Spa & Massage: Again, relaxation is key when it comes to wedding planning. Plan some spa and massage days to have you feeling refreshed and focused!
Once you buckle down on this list, you will be ready for the big day in no time!